Welcome to the gateway of Glacier National Park.
The reflections of Glacier in Lake McDonald, photo courtesy of Glacier National Park.
Montana offers many jewels as part of its treasure, but perhaps Glacier National Park is the crown jewel. Some of gone so far to say Glacier National Park is the crown of the continent, the beauty of its ice carved terrain, dramatic hanging valleys, waterfalls, glaciers and its wildlife, make Glacier National Park a definite must see.
When you visit the Flathead Valley there are also many other things to experince to make your trip here exciting and enjoyable. We are the gateway to Glacier, but we also have Flathead Lake, 2 ski resorts, many great museums featuring art and the history of our area. We have many fine restaurants to enjoy and activities that will make your trip just that more fun. Below is a list of some of our other attractions.
- Fishing and Boating on Flathead Lake
- Hockaday Museum of Art and History
- The Famous Conrad Mansion
- Whitefish Mountain Resort and the Blacktail Ski Area.
- Big Sky Waterpark
- Middle Fork River Rafting in the summer.
- Central School Museum
- Whitefish Museum at Depot Park
- Lone Pine State Park
- Many art shops in Bigfork and Whitefish